NASPAA Civic Engagement
Don't Miss Out On:
Ready to Register to Vote but Don’t Know How?
You can use the resources available below to help you register today!
Resources compiled by ALL IN CAMPUS
Election Imperatives 2.0 : Ten Recommendations to Increase College Student Voting and Improve Political Learning and Engagement in Democracy by IDHE
Strengthening-American-Democracy 2nd Edition– A Guide for Developing an Action Plan to Increase Civic Learning, Political Engagement, and Voting Rates Among College Students with new Rubrics!
Campus Votes Project: CVP provides resources for students and administrators on campuses to develop and enhance democratic engagement programming. The resources below are guides from everything to voter registration drives and engagement activities for students, to guidance on developing student engagement plans and handbook language for administrators.
NSLVE- The National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE) offers colleges and universities an opportunity to learn their student registration and voting rates and, for interested campuses, a closer examination of their campus climate for political learning and engagement and correlations between specific student learning experiences and voting.
Online Registration Tools:
- Covid Related Voting Updates
- Federal Voting Assistance Program – for service members, their families, and overseas citizens
- Notprofitvote.org– How to Register by State
- Overseas Vote – for U.S. citizens overseas and uniformed services members
- Rock the Vote
- TurboVote – from Democracy Works
- Vote 411 –from the League of Women Voters
Voter Registration Drive Tools
- Voter Registration: A How to Guide – from Rock the Vote
- How to Organize a Voter Registration Drive – from AAUW
- Registering Students to Vote at Orientation – from Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP)
- Nonprofit Votes Count Voter Registration Toolkit – from Nonprofit Vote
- Black Voices Change Lives - NAACP
- +1 the Polls MTV’s +1 the Vote is encouraging all potential first-time voters to register and vote this year with a year-long campaign focused on making voting social, fun, and most importantly - easy.
Nonpartisan Voter Education Tools
- Intentional Voter Engagement Messaging while Addressing Systemic Racism (Developed by SLSV Coalition Working Group)
- Voter ID Requirements
- Ballet Ready
- Candidate Issues Guide
- National Association of Secretaries of States (NASS)- Trusted Info 2020 Initiative