The Public Policy and International Affairs Program (PPIA)'s mission and overall focus are to increase the participation and inclusion of traditionally underrepresented groups at the highest level of public sector leadership. NASPAA, supports these goals and shares PPIA’s vision in creating a new generation of diverse students to enter graduate programs and pursue careers in public service.
PPIA is thrilled to continue hosting Public Service Weekends in 2019 to introduce more students to the broad range of opportunities available in the field of public service.
- Social Equity and Public Service Virginia Commonwealth University – L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs, Richmond, VA, June 14-16, 2019
- Local Action, Global Goals: Service For Sustainable Development – United Nations Sustainable Development GoalsSeton Hall University – School of Diplomacy and International Relations, New York, NY and South Orange, NJ, June 21-23, 2019
- Leadership in the Age of Smart Cities: How Data and Technology Impacts Equity in our CommunitiesCarnegie Mellon University – Heinz College, Washington, DC, July 12-14, 2019
- Social Justice and Public Service: Think Globally, Act Locally University of Southern California – Sol Price School of Public Policy, Los Angeles, CA July 19-21, 2019
- NextGen Leadership: Ethics and PracticeGeorge Washington University – Elliott School & Trachtenberg School of Public Policy & Public Administration, Washington, DC, July 25-28, 2019
Fall conferences host sites will be announced in the upcoming months.