Student Diversity Resources
COPRA expects that student diversity will be reflected in each aspect of accredited programs. Thus, a program should encourage diversity in its student body to help prepare students for the professional workplace. Programs should strive to assure that their students can apply to real world problems the concepts, tools, and knowledge they have learned, and that they have the ability to integrate knowledge and handle complexity. Tracking student success and retention is critical to ensuring consistency between the mission, admissions practices, student services, and post-graduation placement. To learn more about what COPRA has to say, view Standard 4.4 (Student Diversity) for additional guidance.
- Our program lacks adequate support structures for underrepresented students and targeted outreach.
- Our program does not have sufficient resources to compete for students (e.g., attend graduate fairs, financial aid, graduate assistantships, etc.).
- Our institution’s mission and goals do not align with the program’s efforts to diversify.
- Our program is located in a geographic region with little diversity.
- We have a diverse student body. How can we ensure a climate of inclusiveness?
- Our students provide negative feedback on climate and diversity.