Career Professionals Meeting
2022 NASPAA Career Professionals Conference
NASPAA is delighted to announce the Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College – CUNY as the host and Suzanne Grossman, Deputy Director of Career Services & Alumni Affairs, as the Chair of the in-person 2022 NASPAA Career Professionals Conference.
Sessions will take place Thursday, December 1, 2022 and Friday, December 2 with a meet and greet on the evening of Wednesday, November 30.
Career development professionals are the primary audience for this conference, but we encourage faculty or staff from NASPAA schools who are interested in delving more deeply into career development, as well as NASPAA member employers who would like to deepen connections with career professionals to attend!
Are you interested in facilitating a Best Practice session?
These small group sessions (each lasting approximately 30 minutes) will provide you with the opportunity to present your program topic to a group of colleagues and answer questions related to your program.
Possible topics could include:
- Managing effective internal and external partnerships;
- Leveraging technology for remote advising and learning;
- Supporting employers through changes in hiring and recruiting processes;
- Meeting diverse student needs in the current climate
If interested, please submit the full description of your proposed Best Practice session to Shajuana Isom-Payne, Assistant Dean of Student Services for the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government & Public Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday Nov. 11th.
$185 Early bird rate, register online before November 3, 2022 (11:59 PM EST). Registration cost beginning on November 4, 2022, is $200. Note: Only NASPAA members can attend this event.
These rates are 15% off. They are holding 5 twin bed rooms at $319/night plus tax and 10 Queens at $349/night plus tax. Minimalist and quirky, this is a solid option just next door to Baruch College. All unused rooms will be released November 2nd. Click the link above for the NASPAA rate.
Note from conference host: The "member rate" simply means you register on their site. The Sonder Flatiron location on West 26th Street looks quite nice from the street. The closest options are going to be the two Flatiron ones. The Midtown East property is going to be a 15 minute walk or the subway is close by.
From the salesperson: The Member rate on our website is discounted 15% from the published rate and the 5% is on top of the member rate making the discount 20% off.
- The cancellation policy is 72 hours prior to arrival with no penalty
- Prepayment is at time of booking
- Check-in instructions will be sent out 72 hours prior to arrival
- Each reservation has a dedicated access code for the building and the unit that is provided with the check-in instructions.
- In order to receive the discount, Promo Code needs to be added when booking is done. We are unable to provide the discount after the reservation has been confirmed. Promo Code: NASPAA5
- Each person will need to created a profile with Sonder (this is a one-time process)
Thank you to the 2022 Committee!
Suzanne Grossman, Baruch College, CUNY (CHAIR)
Samantha Bruno, Baruch College, CUNY
Ryan Baldassario, University of Connecticut
Stephanie Boomhower, UC San Diego
Alexandra Cobus, New York University
Shajuana Isom-Payne, Virginia Commonwealth University
Elaine McBeth, William and Mary
Meagan, Van Gelder, University of Nebraska at Omaha
Jasmine Waddell, Brandeis University
If you are responsible for career services at your school and interested in joining the planning committee, contact email@example.com.